I HATE writing introductions to things like this--people don’t read them and I don’t blame them for that, because they usually go on and on and are horrendously boring, but then, after not reading them, they ask all these asinine questions that could be answered if only they had READ THE DAMN INTRO IN THE FIRST PLACE!
Gaaaah! I’D RATHER BE DEAD!
Now, I’m not one to complain, but some things just really piss me the hell off. I’m sure there are scads of you out there that feel the same way, right? IRBD is a place where folks like you and me can express our disgust, annoyance and general loathing for stupid things in the world around us via long-winded and excessively caps-locked rants.
A few insultingly simple ground rules before we begin:
1. KEEP IT RELEVANT. This community is for ranting about little things that piss you off. LITTLE things. Like the way there's always that watery goo that comes out with the first squirt of ketchup, or those shirts that say things like "My Boyfriend Is Out Of Town", or how hard it is to get into the habit of flossing or EXTREME marketing.
IRBD is NOT for things like how much your family/your life/the government/whatever sucks. You can do that in your own journal.
2. KEEP IT CIVIL. We're not all going to hate the same things, and that's okay. For example, it's possible that someone here might rant about how much they hate your favorite movie. You may want to say something in said movie's defense.
GOOD: What are you talking about? [x] is an awesome movie! I think I'll go watch it now!
BAD: You fucker. I love [x], and anyone who doesn't is obviously a moron and a loser. I'm never speaking to you again, shit-for-brains!
EVEN WORSE: OmG u WuDnT kNoW a GoD mOvEi If It KiKeD u In Da FuKnG fAeC!1!11 wTf lOl
If you're gonna complain, be respectful.
3. IF YOU WANT TO SWEAR, GO AHEAD. Please keep the topic of whatever you're ranting about PG-13, but you can use whatever filthy language you desire to make your point. Saying something "fucking sucks a cheetah's hairy ass with Heinz 57" conveys your point more clearly than just saying it "stinks". Swearing is definitely not discouraged here, so you're welcome to do so. 3a: There is plenty of foul language in this community's posts. If you don't like that sort of thing, go read something else.
4. NO "HI, I'M NEW" POSTS. If you're just joining us, please introduce yourself, just do it in a post with actual content. Content-free newmeat posts are annoying and clutter up people's friends pages, so let's have none of that.
5. You only get to say it 18,000 times, and then it happens. (if you don’t know what that refers to, see High Strung. NOW.)
And, a sort of unofficial rule: Any post you make should contain the phrase "I'D RATHER BE DEAD!" or something simlilar.
That should cover it. If you have any other questions of concerns, direct them to me, optissima, or my co-founder and sergeant-at-arms, rachofthejungle.